17 mannen onthullen wat een vrouw ‘wife material’ maakt
Wat mannen zoeken in een meisje ‘voor even’ en in een vrouw ‘voor altijd’, is nogal een verschil. Ineens denken ze niet meer na over grote of kleine borsten, hoge hakken of sneakers, maar over kwaliteiten als eerlijkheid, humor en meer.
1. Someone who genuinely likes me instead of some checklist of qualities that I managed to get a pass on. – Kyrias
2. She loves what she does, she cares about herself as much as she cares about me and she smiles a lot :) Bonus: she likes the same music as me. – Maccnrv
3. I’m a pretty shy person. Socially awkward. Always questioning what I say. Not with her. I finally get to feel like me. – NewMachinist22
4. My wife loves me for who I am. It wasn’t about who she thought I could be, or who she thought she could make me into, but just wanted to be with me. Despite all my flaws and weird habits she still wanted to be with me. Even with all of her flaws and weird habits, I still wanted to be with her. Sometimes, things just click together, and it’s not something you realize right away. I probably didn’t start to think about marrying my wife until after we were dating for a year. I’ve now known her for over 10 years, and our 8 year wedding anniversary is coming up this fall. – vash989
5. I think my marriage has worked because I wasn’t actually looking for a wife – I just happened into one.
She was the most interesting girl I ever met, she was smart and attractive and mostly nice, and I feel in love naturally. She said she wanted kids and to be married, and somehow that didn’t scare the hell out of me.
If I’d have a checklist I’m sure I’d be either alone right now or miserable / part of a broken home if any. – billbapapa
6. I want someone that I can argue with (and who will argue with me), without it turning into a fight. Someone that can call me on my BS when it matters, who isn’t going to flip out if I call her on hers. I’d much rather be with someone who will challenge me and make me rethink things than someone who is trying too hard to be nice and sweet all the time. (Then again, I may just have a thing for hot tempered girls.) – NoveltyHoosier
7. Values. You have to have values that have some intersection.
Looks, health, wealth, all changes, but of those values seem to remain the most over a longer period of time.
So, the hottest woman in the world, but hates to learn and read? Good bye. An attractive, affluent person, but tramples on others dignity? Bye. – tomato_paste
8. A best friend.
If we can laugh our assess off together about something silly, share the glory of a big indulgent meal, fall asleep watching/reading something stupid together, get trapped in a shitty situation and laugh at it because it’s a shared adventure…
That’s my girl. – pics-or-didnt-happen
9. I had a huge checklist before I met my wife.
There was only a single thing on that list I would never overlook: a genuinely kind hearted person. – kosmor
10. Self awareness. If you’re wrong, admit it and apologize. I always push myself to do the same.
Also, sexual connection. – motorsizzle
11. No psychos. No cheaters. No picky eaters.
Surprisingly hard to find one who meets all three categories who isn’t already taken. – refubeegee
12. Does she make me laugh?
This to me was the #1 reason I knew I’d met my match. No matter how shitty my day is, she will do something to make me laugh.
All of the other stuff can go away. Bodies lose their firmness. Hobbies fade. Things you both enjoy now might be boring later. But do you know what doesn’t? Laughing at stupid fucking bullshit together.
Find someone you can laugh with. – SmackySmack
13. A sense of humor.
And a sense of humor doesn’t mean she laughs at funny things. It means she says funny things or does funny things. It means she makes YOU laugh. And that she does it regularly. If you have to think “when was the last time she made me laugh…a few weeks ago?” then she doesn’t have a sense of humor. – CitizenTed
14. Someone without a history of cheating. If they’ve done it before, especially more than once, they’ll do it again. It might be tomorrow, or 10 years from now. It will happen. – I_Sometimes_Lie_
15. Honesty and respect. I can look past a lot of things, but I can’t abide liars or people who are disrespectful of others. The latter extends to bigotry, manners, elitism, and disrespect to people’s privacy. – Franco_DeMayo
16. Positivism. If i’m going to spend the rest of my life with someone, I want it to be positive. – ken__adams
17. If she can remain rational when she’s angry. Obviously men and women both have the potential to get ignorant during an argument, but a level headed woman is worth her weight in gold to me. – G0matic_86